In 2013 I set up my own business selling bespoke wedding stationery, I wanted an ecommerce solution to make my invitations more accessible to my customers. I envisioned a site that gave them complete control of the colours & structure of their invitations, allowing me more time to focus on other areas of the business. The site needed to be very clear, user friendly, responsive, stylish and fully customisable with all information readily available for the customer as they made their purchases.
A bespoke business and ecommerce website www.thewhitestudio.ie
THE WHITE STUDIO
I made up a high fidelity prototypes on desktop, tablet and mobile screens to test the site was fully responsive and again asked some users to test the site and to give feedback. After this is was time to begin to make the site. I used a developer to help me with setting up the back end of wordpress, specifying fonts, colours, supplying the copy and images and the final layout of the site.
WIREFRAMES AND HIGH FIDELITY PROTOTYPING
The main data was input to the site and I tweaked the final changes and added the products, images and copy to the site before launch. I could then amend the menus, code and other elements as needed.
DEVELOPMENT OF FULL WEBSITE
SEO was completed on the site and it was launched through social media and a press release was drawn up and distributed to the key stakeholders in the wedding industry. The site is fully responsive on tablet and mobile applications. It was very well received and the analytics have been healthy from the start.
All stationery design, images and photography used on the site is my own.
TESTING AND LAUNCH
I began by mapping out the site architecture and interactions, using wire-frames to think through how each page would be laid out and how the pages would link to each other.
LOW FIDELITY PROTOTYPING
Using low fidelity prototypes I asked some users to test the site using thinking aloud protocols where by I simply observed them as they thought aloud as to what they each button & link did. In doing this I identified numerous changes needed to be made to the site.